Friday, January 31, 2014

The Most Crave-able Vegan Candy Bar!


I've been vegan for about six months and outside of cheese the hardest food to look past and ignore in the grocery store is chocolate, especially that rack of flashy candy bars on the checkout line. And no, I don't really dark chocolate all that much. I'm talking about real, creamy, luscious milk chocolate. You know - the kind most people crave and are addicted to. I don't care how much sugar, fat and oil they're made with - Snickers, Kit Kats, Twix, Reeses, M&M's, Milky Ways, 5th Avenues, Watchamacallits, Nestle Crunches, Butterfingers and Hershey Bars are all freaking delicious. I especially have a hard time ignoring those bagged Dove Chocolates :(

But...like vegan cheese, wonderful change is appearing on the horizon and already in some retail stores. Vegan chocolate companies are springing up everyone online, and the best chocolate candy I've had the pleasure to try so far is this wrapped wonder:

I think I love you, Mahalo 

 Say aloha to Mahalo Bar! The vegan answer to creamy, chocolately-coconut Almond Joys. Funny thing is, before I went vegan I never liked Almond Joys - in fact I kind of hated them. I just wasn't a big fan of either the almonds or the shredded coconut, and it was the kind of candy I had no interest in if somebody gave one to me. But now, six months into this vegan thing and desperate for decent cruelty-free chocolate, I have become hooked on this yummy little bar!

How does it taste? Like creamy chocolate heaven with a gooey, sugary coconut filling bursting with full-blown dairy chocolate flavor. Go Max Go Foods makes these dream bars along with an assortment of other candy ( the Buccaneer is a nice approximation of a Milky Way) and I'd like to congratulate them for putting out the first mass-produced edible vegan chocolate bar. 

If only more food companies understood how badly vegans want their milk chocolate! But Mahalo is a sweet step in the right direction. Now if only Whole Foods would start selling them :|

In Miami you can find Mahalo bars at the Adventist Book Store located in Miami Springs:
1 S Royal Poinciana Blvd, Miami Springs, FL 33166

https://www.facebook.com/ABCMiamiBranch



No comments:

Post a Comment