Saturday, May 17, 2014

Whatever Happened to Mushaboom?

This month marks one year since the sudden disappearance of Miami's lone vegan food truck - Mushaboom


This particular food truck really bothers me, because I was almost never able to catch up with them as they drove around and made far-flung stops around South Florida. When I finally did,  they closed down at the event early and shut the ordering window in my face. This was after I had parked half a mile away and trudged under a grueling sun to reach them outside an environment fair. They literally took the person in front of me, and when I got to the ordering window announced they were closed (mind you, a full 10 minutes before they were scheduled to close) and just slid the window shut. Shortly after that, they stopped posting scheduled events on their online calendar, and not too long after that, apparently closed down for good.

Too bad, because their food looked delicious and I really wanted to try it.
They made scrumptious-looking burgers out of everything from black beans and chickpeas to falafel and mushrooms. And all who tried it posted rave reviews. I so badly wanted some Mushaboom, but they were either never in my part of town, or they only came around during very inconvenient hours, usually when I was at work. The day I finally caught up with them at the environment fair was a day 2 long months in the making, I cannot describe the shock and disappointment I felt when they closed down on me, after I had waited so long to try their food.

                       

                  

         

But what really sucks is that this humble little truck serving genuinely delicious vegan fare had to go out of business, when Miami is so starved for vegan eateries. Well, I guess it was nice for while it lasted and for the lucky ones who enjoyed it. RIP Mushaboom. I only hope a new vegan burger truck comes around soon to take your place.

Images courtesy of  roaminghunger, miamifoodtrucks and bisousbrittany

No comments:

Post a Comment